Thursday, October 27, 2016

October 27th, 2016

The first quarter of 8th grade for me was extremely surprising but somewhat comfortable for me. I say that I have improved so much over these past 3 months, I have more fluent writing and I am better at supporting my statements. Not only that but I have learned so many new things with reading, math, science, and social studies. I've grown a lot academically and artistically through many of the new challenges I've faced through separate units and test.The first quarter has set me up for the next 3 quarters that are upcoming.

In ELA class I've developed so much in writing and supporting my topic, transitions, and reading. In the beginning of this class I was very inexperienced and had forgotten most of what i had learned over the long summer. Leaving me to start school blank and not knowing what to expect. However, throughout the quarter i was able to go back and relearn those things in I had struggled on and forgotten and get better at them. Now I am at the end of the quarter knowing how to write stories and news stories, knowing how to support my topic or my thesis, and analyze my favorite books.

My blogs that I've been posting have been getting better and getting to the point somewhat faster. My blogs are very lengthy and have a lot of explaining to them, almost dragging on and not getting to the point. Although, I have noticed my small mistakes and have been trying to fix them blog by blog. This has helped me practice on my writing more and put more focus on the key points of my blogs. Overall, my blogs have had improvement and will continue to get better throughout the 3 upcoming quarters.


No comments:

Post a Comment