Friday, May 26, 2017

"This I believe"

“Sunshine Always Blooms From the Storm”
By: Antwone Lee

All my life I've lived in conflict and struggle. I've lived in peace and in disaster. But I've never lived with resolve. The constant reminder that anger and hate never get you anywhere comes full force in my world. However, kindness and patience for perseverance can wash that aside.

Kindness can be the guide of life, creating paths and opportunities for yourself. And patience can be the support for for decisions made.

When I were coming of my teen years at the age of 12, I were going through homelessness. My mother were constantly in physical pain causing frustration. And my 4 sisters had all been causing my family disorder. My oldest sister had a son that she had to take care of, so she didn't have any time or money to spare. We would move place to place, person to person. Only for us to lose all ties with the people that would normally help us.

My mom would yell and scream in frustration. And I would have to bear witness. All I ever felt was pity for my mom but not for myself. My sisters told me that when you pity yourself, you below yourself. So instead of pitying our situation, I would appreciate everything we got. Even the times of peace we could would muster at times.

This made me want to always be helpful and not be a burden. I always wanted to not complain and prevent bring negativity. It would be hard keeping my emotions and frustrations to myself, but what motivated me was just thinking...can me being positive make us not be homeless? Or can it get my mom a job again? Or can it make our family whole once more?

Now at the age of 14, I have a home, my mom has a job, and almost all of my sisters are employed going to college. My family still isn't perfect, but it is better than i could ever imagine. It caused me to really believe that my kindness and patience can really come to effect. It made me feel like I can emote the good I always thrived for.


No comments:

Post a Comment